Gifts that Grow are special gifts indeed. Show how much your love will grow like the plants listed here!
I’m sentimental when it comes to “holidays” deemed to express your love for someone else. Because of that, I would rather have a plant that grows than some new bit of bling! Valentine’s Day is a great time for this type of gift. Not only are people tired of winter and the colder temperatures, but they are also missing the green that is abundant during other times of the year. Fill that need with something that grows beautiful Heart-shaped leaves and will continue to grow long after Valentine’s Day is over!
A Great List of Plants with Heart Shaped Leaves!
- Philodendron, an easy to grow houseplant with heart shaped leaves. Several different kinds from small houseplants to large plants requiring floor space. No special requirements for light or watering. An Easy Growing Gift for beginners.
- Coleus, colorful houseplants that vary in colors from light green to green with pinks and reds within the leaves, and a whole host of other color combinations. Easy to grow, like most plants it needs a light source and just regular watering. Can be moved outdoors in the summer.
- Pathos, a vine-like plant that is similar to Philodendron, but with mottled leaves. Easy to grow and will tolerate low lights. Just needs regular watering.
- African Violets are a small flowering plant with fuzzy heart shaped leaves. Flowering in all colors from pinks to purples, whites with edges of pink and more. Easy to care for and lives forever with just a little care. Doesn’t take up too much space either.
- Peperomia, like philodendrons, they are easy to care for. Waxy leaves with variations of colors from green/white to bronze/pink. Will tolerate low light and still keep its color.
- Hoya, another plant that is easy to care for, it will even forgive you for forgetting to water it. There are several kinds of Hoya plants but my favorite for Valentine’s Day is Hoya Kerrii! Why is it a favorite? Well, when you see it’s heart shaped leaves you will understand. It needs a little extra care but is worth the time and trouble. When it flowers the whole home will be filled with scent. (for care check this link: Care for Your Hoya Kerrii)
- Cyclamen is a flowering plant that has beautiful flowers held high above the heart-shaped leaves. This plant requires a little more care. Watering should be done from the bottom, it will not flourish if you water at the soil level. It also likes a brighter window. Other than these two requirements, it is a beautiful houseplant that should be considered for Valentine’s Day.
- Ivy Plants are easy to grow and many have heart shaped leaves. Easy doesn’t begin to describe how to take care of this plant. Give it some water and a little light and it will grow. Even someone who claims to not own green thumbs will be able to grow this plant.
- Oxalis is another favorite plant of mine. Looks like shamrocks, with variegated leaves and flowers in either pink or white. This plant is lovely and each of its leaves are compounded little hearts. This is another plant that can easily go outdoors in the spring and summer.
- Last but not least on my little list of Heart Shaped plants is a plant that requires some care. It’s leaves and flowers that are Heart-shaped making it a perfect growing gift for Valentine’s Day. But, as with anything that requires a little more care, it is worth the effort for the flowers. I’m talking about Anthuriums, these are beautiful plants, but not for everyone. For care check this link: Growing and Caring for Anthurium Plants.
Other Options for Growing Gifts for your Gardener
If your Valentine is a gardener, then any gift that fills that need will be welcomed indeed.
There are so many other options for you to make your gardener smile.
Gardeners and would be gardeners will love any of these options for their own Valentine’s Day gift. I am sure that you will have no trouble finding that perfect gift, big or small to let your Favorite Person know how much you love them.
The Bigger Picture
Gifts that grow or encourage a caring for our environment are welcome gifts indeed and they keep on giving back to us. Plants are good for our homes and clean the air around us. There is no better way to show your love than to wish for good clean air for you and your love(s). I think these are perfectly great Valentine’s Day Gifts for Gardeners everywhere. Growing gifts have a special place in my heart. I know I would love any of these for my own home and garden.
Growing Gifts are special for everyone! Even little ones in your family can be encouraged to learn to grow plants, with a special little plant just for them. The family that grows together will stick together, and have fun at the same time.
Happy Valentine’s Day and may your growing gifts and your green thumb prosper!
This Blog is part of a Valentine’s Day Blog Hop! For your pleasure, there are more blogs you might want to read and respond to BELOW!
Olivia Morris ~ Gifts that will Grow like your Love, for Valentine’s Day Feb. 3rd https://grammieknowshow.com/gifts-wi…