With the changing of the seasons, there is always something that needs to be done. For home owners and people who have a yard to manage, there is some work that just should not wait until spring.
Here’s just a short list of Must-Do’s to keep your yard and gardens looking great!
1. Mow the lawn one last time, grass is not growing quite so fast anymore. Give it that last “hair cut” and then clean and oil the lawnmower before setting it away for the winter months.
2. Rake up all the leaves as they are coming down. If you have a mulcher/shredder, use it on the leaves to make some beautiful compost material.
3. Time to cut down all the annuals and do a grooming of the flower beds.
4. Plant your bulbs! If you have shredded leaves already dig the hole for your bulbs a little deeper and add some shredded leaves in there too. Plant the bulbs on top and they will be happy as all get out in the spring.
5. Take some time to enjoy the cooler days and the changing color of the leaves.
.This is just the start of your yard chores for September/October, enjoy each passing day and make the most out of the warm days that we have left….get outside for your health and the health of your garden.
I picked out some products to help you with your chores, it will make your job so much easier if you are prepared!
ReLeaf Leaf Scoops Ergonomic Large Hand Held Rakes Fast Leaf & Lawn Grass Removal Tools Perfect Trash Loaders(Ship from USA) Toro 51617 Rake and Vac 3-in-1 Machine, Includes Blower/Vacuum/Leaf Shredder /ITEM NO#8Y-IFW8185428520963 Inch Adjustable Garden Leaf Rake – Expanding Rake – Expandable Head From 7 Inch to 22 InchTrue Temper 30-in Poly Leaf Rake with Cushion Grip – 1922800Sun Joe CJ601E 14-Amp Electric Wood Chipper/Shredder
, when all the work is done, take time to enjoy the beauty that surrounds you. The beautiful colors all around for your pleasure!