With the changing of the seasons, there is always something that needs to be done. For home owners and people who have a yard to manage, there is some work that just should not wait until spring.
Here’s just a short list of Must-Do’s to keep your yard and gardens looking great!
1. Mow the lawn one last time, grass is not growing quite so fast anymore, so give it that last “hair cut” and then clean and oil the lawnmower before setting it away for the winter months.
2. Rake up all the leaves as they are coming down and if you have a mulcher/shredder, use it on the leaves to make some beautiful compost material.
3. Time to cut down all the annuals and do a grooming of the flower beds.
4. Plant your bulbs, if you have shredded leaves already dig the hole for your bulbs a little deeper and add some leaf shreddings in there too. Plant the bulbs on top and they will be happy as all get out in the spring.
5. Take some time to enjoy the cooler days and the changing color of the leaves.
This is just the start of your yard chores for October, enjoy each passing day and make the most out of the warm days that we have left….get outside for your health and the health of your garden.
I picked out some products to help you with your chores, it will make your job so much easier if you are prepared!